BBQ Hamburger Muffins
I know, it sounds weird to put the words “hamburger” and “muffin” in the same recipe. But trust me: they’re delicious! My mom used to make these for us when we were kids and we loved them. Now I like to make them because they are delicious and cheap!
- Hamburger meat: $4.82
- Cheese: $2.57 (for whole pack)
- Biscuits: $1.92
- BBQ sauce: $1.93 (for entire bottle)
- Total: $11.24
- Makes 8 total muffins, equating to $1.40/muffin!
- 1 lb hamburger or turkey burger
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (add or remove more sauce based on preference)
- 1 can buttermilk biscuits (8 count)
- 2 slices cheese of your choice (we use Muenster)
- Turn oven to recommended temperature on biscuit can (typically 350F)
- Brown meat in a skillet
- Once the meat is cooked, drain the liquid from the skillet
- Pour BBQ sauce over meat and stir until all meat is coated. Add or remove sauce, depending on your preference
- Flatten each biscuit and place flattened dough in muffin tin
- Spoon and distribute BBQ meat evenly between each biscuit
- Cut cheese slice into quarters, and place one quarter on each BBQ hamburger muffin
- Place in oven until biscuits are golden brown
- Remove, let cool, and enjoy!
Pair these with a salad or a steamed vegetable, and you have a complete meal! Super simple, inexpensive, and delicious.